Monday, April 6, 2009

The Dude Who Always Wears a Skirt

I know I just posted like an hour ago, but, I'm at the library at school in between study groups and the Dude-Who-Always-Wears-A-Skirt is 3 meters away from me RIGHT NOW!

This is a guy, about 20, who I often see downtown or on a bus. He is always wearing a skirt. He generally wears serongs. The rest of his clothing looks old, worn and eccentric. And his hair is always a mess.

This guy is always smiling. Always. He's smiling right now and he's on a computer, writing something down on yellow paper.

My friend saw him hug a homeless man and tell him that he is loved.

I first encountered the Dude-Who-Always-Wears-A-Skirt at a folk concert. He looked a bit like Moses that night, Moses in a serong.

He intruiges me. If I was more brave I would talk to him. Just the sight of him makes me want to be just like him, eccentric and happy.

Seriously, he's smiling and he's FLIPPING THROUGH A DICTIONARY!

And... he just asked a group of girls nearby how to spell "insulted".

Hmm...

I better go.

4 comments:

  1. No... but I decided if I ever see him again on a bus I WILL strike up a conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that guy sounds so cool :) there was a girl like that in my law class! except she would only wear cordeiro pants but still had the messy hair & constantly smiling too.

    ReplyDelete