Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ugh.

Sometimes, the best way one can express emotion is through a grunt. That's what I think.

Right now I am standing in a gust of whirling thoughts and I'm not sure which one to grab onto and focus on.

(After much contemplation and editing...)

Today I saw my middle school crush. He was driving. I was biking. We were at an intersection. I'm pretty sure he saw me too because he looked over at me when he drove by. The experience made me smile because it made me happy seeing that I have concrete examples in my life of being able to put certain obsessions totally behind me.

I liked him for 3 years. Half that time we didn't even go to the same school anymore. For a twelve year old, that's dedication.

My crush was an awkward, Christian nerd back then. He grew up to be a gorgeous body builder though, and he writes things on his friends walls like, "Yo dawg! Let's go to the cluuuuuuuuuuub 2night! The laaaaaaaadies love me!" Personally, I liked him better when he was awkward.



2 comments:

  1. I guess when someone turns into a 'dawg' it becomes a bit easier to get over an obsession of them ;)
    I'm proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I got over him long before I found out what he grew up to be like. But seeing it made me smile.

    The main point that I was trying to make is that its nice to be reminded sometimes of the fact that stuff that seemed soooo important a long time ago is now not relevant at all. These reminders help put things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete