Friday, January 29, 2010

One More Minute... Forever!

A couple months ago my housemate and I were on a bus. I asked, "What time is it?" She looked at her cell phone and replied, "9:49". Then a little while later she looked down again and said, "Still 9:49". Then I responded, "Whoah, what if it was 9:49 FOREVER?"

So we developed a theory out of it. Or at least an alternative universe out of it. What if, for the rest of your life, you were stuck in one minute, and that is how you spent the rest of your life, but also, the quality of whatever you did, could only be the quality of whatever one minute of effort produces.

You cannot have a terribly deep conversation in one minute but perhaps you can meet someone.

Maybe on that bus you could find someone to make out with in less than a minute.

You could do a shocking dance, holler out, whatever. Because the consequences of your actions would only be insofar as a minute lasts. So, you're pretty free in this one minute of time.

Me? I decided I would want to find someone to give me a head massage. I feel like that's a doable thing in one minute and it would also be a pleasant way to spend eternity.

2 comments:

  1. You should test your theory out... and actually ask someone :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. But then I would have to interact with them in minute two... and that would be awkward.

    ReplyDelete