Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ain't It Good to Be Alive?

"I thought that a fairer era of life was beginning for me, one that was to have its flowers and pleasures, as well as its thorns and toils. My faculties, roused by the change of scene, the new field offered to hope, seemed all astir. I cannot precised define what they expected, but it was something pleasant: not perhaps that day or month, but at an indefinite future period." - Charlotte Bronte in Jane Eyre

I love the start of new semesters! There's so much possibility. There are new concepts to learn in new classes that will twist and pry at the way I already think. There are new idiosyncratic professors to marvel at. Best of all there are new people to meet and new conversations to be had! Also, second semester is the time to turn casual friendships forged in first semester into deep friendships, and I much, much prefer the latter.

Today, as I am surrounded by the hope of new possibilities, I cannot help but feel that it is good to be alive.

It also smells of stew in this computer lab which is a lovely smell so woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment