Monday, August 17, 2009

Tony Campolo has a Special Place in My Heart



At camp when I was 16, we had a choice of several different seminars to attend. I attended one on homosexuality. The leader introduced the topic saying, "I may say some things that your parents wouldn't agree with..." and then he pulled out a book by Tony Campolo called Speaking My Mind which talks about a whole slew of awkward topics, homosexuality included. I was introduced to a lot of new thoughts. Not too long after I went out and bought the book myself. Now its one of my favourites.


And thus began my awkward stumbling towards a belief system that was less about abstinence (Ironically I chose that seminar over the one my friends were going to - one on sexual purity.) and more about getting my hands dirty.

2 comments: